AT&T Takeover Will Cripple T-Mobile 3G Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitraj 47

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
I am jumping ship and switching to sprint. Besides tmobile, they are the only carrier with truly unlimited plans, good pricing (relatively) and good customer service.

Thanks tmo, we had fun, but screw att.

wribbs

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
"in a way that's good for customers and good for AT&T" - more so the latter, much more so

T-Mobile customers, prepare to pay more for less.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]hitraj 47[/nom]I am jumping ship and switching to sprint. Besides tmobile, they are the only carrier with truly unlimited plans, good pricing (relatively) and good customer service.Thanks tmo, we had fun, but screw att.[/citation]
You're not alone; I'm with AT&T and I'm also looking to Sprint... I'm sick of what they are doing with their capped internet and now this... I'll pay more then what I have now (no smart phone) but at least I'll have real unlimited service.

jojesa

Distinguished
I have been with T-Mobile since they were VoiceStream. I have an unlimited data plan and tethering is allowed with no extra charges since, obviously, I have a data plan. As soon as AT&T tries to get an extra penny from me I'm gone. Specially now that Verizon has CDMA/GSM phones.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
The only way this could be good for the customer is if AT&T gives the people phones free of charge without extending their service plan, otherwise I think their base will not be nearly the number it is now (AT&T + T-Mobile customers combined). Also if the service area/coverage isn't improved, AT&T will not be able to continue into the long term.

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
AT&T Takeover Will Cripple T-Mobile 3G Phones
Just like they did to Cingular. I loved Cingular and as soon as AT&T bought them I could hardly place a call...I have been on Verizon ever since.

I will admit my work just purchased me a AT&T IPhone 4 (don't ask why not a Verizon) and they have improved over the years. But If I need to make a PHONE call with a PHONE a grab my Verizon PHONE.

G

ROFL, "ATT will help users transition to new phones". Yeah, help me by charging me $200 + additional 2 year contract right? lol fuckin ATT. Hopefully a democratic oversite committee blocks this bullshit before some republican tea party fuck face steps up and starts screaming free market and "vote with your wallet!".

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]lincal16[/nom]Hey there, I find an amazing. Hey there, I find an amazing web,please click the web ,you can find big pleasantly surprised[/citation]

I'm waiting for the sound effect of an opening zipper, then pause... **FLOP!**

You want, you likey likey?

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
So the headline is actually a lie. You might have gotten more hits if the headline said, "AT&T Takeover Will Make T-Mobile 3G Phones Explode" That would be a lie too.

serkul

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Make all t-mo 3g phones obsolete?! Could this possibly be a bullish way of forcing t-mo customers on t-mo data plans onto at&t tiered data plans?

Stryter

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
lol Sprint may end up being the biggest winner here, since ATT seems to be driving all their customers (and now T-Mobile customers) to Sprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.