AT&T Threatens Legal Action for Emailing Its CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArgleBargle

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
Randall Stephenson should not have to communicate with the hoi peloi. He has much more important things to do, and those deemed worthy to lick the boots of AT&T should email only the subordinates. I fully support the idea of Stephenson letting slip the dogs of war upon those foolish enough not to avert their eyes to his magnificence.

thrust2night

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
Jane... there is no "here" to click on to listen to the phone call. I would've sent an email to the CEO of Toms Hardware about this missing link, but I figured you would call me back with a cease and desist.

zorky9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
I would have to guess that "Brent" left a message, that's why GG has a copy. Otherwise, recording all your telephone conversations is just too weird. That makes his claim a bit questionable.

Still hate AT&T.

tharkis842

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
My first cell phone was through at&t, i canceled my phone within 3 months due to surcharges that were written no where in the contract (i read all the paperwork inside and out), and charges for features i didn't sign up for. I tried to have the features cancelled but any attempt to reason with the at&t employees only ended with me stuck further back than where i started. I would never recommend their service to anyone, or wish them on my worst enemy.

aletoil

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]TH[/nom]Jane, clicked 'here' and nothing.[/citation]
She obviously meant that we are supposed to Copy & Paste "here" in Google and we will find the link. :)

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Geez, there is nothing wrong with the email that was sent to him. He could have had someone help him write up a letter of response as not to make him look like a damn fool. Customers deserve the right to their opinion when it is held in this regard. If he went nuts and flamed him.. yeah, send away.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
AT&T = BP of the telecommunication industry
AT&T = Standard oil
AT&T = Bernie Madoff

I got a idea, lets all send a message all at once but quitting their so called contracts and tell them to shove it when the sun doesn't shine. There is no way they are going to be able to continue to treat their customers like they're crap. I am so sick of them hell I still remember their $55 a month dial up, holy sh^t for that! Needless to say I didn't pay! They're like the Mob and the bill that we all have to pay every stinking month is "protection money"

AT&T saying of the day "if you don't pay we'll break your knee caps" and when comes time to complain "it's swimming with the fishes".

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
It's not a lawsuit, it's a C&D order, and most likely that's all fluff. I'll quote Wiki on this.
"A cease-and-desist order can be issued by a judge or government authority, and has a well-defined legal meaning. In contrast, a cease-and-desist letter can be sent by anyone, although typically they are drafted by a lawyer."

More than likely, they'd send the C&D -letter-, as I can't imagine a judge would even waste his time writing an order for something so trivial. They have plenty of high priced lawyers to write up this garbage.
What rich pigs like Randall here do is toss out these letters to silence anyone inconveniencing them who can't afford to hire a lawyer to fight the order. The victims are forced to comply, simply because they can't afford to fight back.

I guess Randy can't take any criticism whatsoever, since a guy emailing him twice is enough to call in the law dogs. I mean, I'm sure the head of one of the largest telecoms there is knows how to delete emails, right?

...right?

jaysbob

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
I get the feeling that now this story is out Stephenson is going to be getting more emails than just this relatively reasonable complaint.

bentonsl_2010

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Hi Guys

Feel free to let randy know how you feel hehe.

Randall Stephenson, AT&T CEO
rs2982@att.com (direct)
randall.stephenson@att.com
phone: 210-351-5401 (direct to his secretary)
fax 210-351-3553
alternate phone: 210-821-4105 (headquarters, press 3, ask for Mr. Stephenson's office)
175 E. Houston
San Antonio, TX 78205

rodney_ws

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
I emailed FrostyTech.com (excellent site for PC heatsink reviews) what I considered to be a politely worded request/suggestion. I honestly wasn't expecting a response, but the founder of the site took the time to email me back a fairly lengthy response. I loved the site before, but somehow that just made it seem that much cooler.

That said... AT&T's CEO comes across as looking retarded for this.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Bentonsl_2010[/nom]Hi GuysFeel free to let randy know how you feel hehe.Randall Stephenson, AT&T CEOrs2982@att.com (direct)randall.stephenson@att.comphone: 210-351-5401 (direct to his secretary) fax 210-351-3553alternate phone: 210-821-4105 (headquarters, press 3, ask for Mr. Stephenson's office)175 E. HoustonSan Antonio, TX 78205[/citation]

If I had a car I could drive down there and it to em in person since I live just north up I-35.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I know if I were CEO, I wouldn't want to get emails from random people. That's what employees are for. Then again, if I were CEO, I wouldn't post my email for anyone to see. And I'd simply filter out unwanted emails and ignore them or forward them to someone else. Or I'd have a fake CEO email that someone else checks for me. Threatening to sue people is a bad move though.

Status
Not open for further replies.