AT&T Users More Likely to Use Wi-Fi than Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
ATT doesn't want their customers to "abuse" their bandwith. But they sure don't care about those customers using someone else's.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]ATT has 86% share right. Because VZ 14% + ATT 96% is more than 100%...am I wrong here? lol[/citation]

Read:

"Verizon apparently captured already 14% iPhone 4 share in the U.S., while AT&T still holds an overall share of iPhone users of 96%."

So let's re-cap:
Verizon has 14% of the iPhone 4 shares. NOTE THE 4
AT&T has an OVERALL share of 96%, among ALL iPhones. This includes ALL generations, not just the 4

G

@robochump, I could be wrong, but I think they mean that while VZ is 14% of iPhone 4 market, ATT still holds 96% of the overall iPhone market (i.e., 86% of iPhone 4s + 100% of previous iPhone models).

G

Of course ATT users are more likely to use WiFi. Probably because they can't get a *&^(! signal...

captaincharisma

Distinguished
well it not like AT&T users had a choice but to use the wifi more since the phone part rarely works for them. AT%T might have th higher user base now but we have to see what happens when the iphone 5 comes out.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
The whole at&t sucks is still silly. They ALL suck. It all depends on where you are.

In Texas, at&t works better compared to Verizon. I just went to Chicago on business and yep - my at&t Android service SUCKED compared to my normal use in Texas. The phone worked better outside or I had moved close to a window.

I also use WiFi for faster internet performance... Not hard to set up.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]ATT has 86% share right. Because VZ 14% + ATT 96% is more than 100%...am I wrong here? lol[/citation]Actually I think what you're missing is that the Verizon iPhone is CDMA, and therefore available in the US only. I think they are saying that AT&T holds 96% GLOBALLY, and that Verizon holds 14% NATIONALLY. We have to read through the "Tom's Hardware Confunction Field" any bypass the "Epic Comment Spamwich" to get to the bottom of the story. =\

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
The sad thing is at least 3 out of 5 of those 2 out of 3 folks who paid those fees to leave early only to join another radio based communication service is gunna be a little disheartened once they realize Verizon also has dropped calls issues and has the same limitations of all devices that use this form of communication. I mean you'd think no one has ever been listening to the radio in their car and driven through a tunnel or between several large buildings and lost the station for a few seconds.
These are the types of people who probably don't know how to setup wifi or maybe don't even know what it even is. They may even think that what they are getting is wifi. Of course, the other option is that they just don't care about the faster speeds that may come from a wifi connection since they moved from the faster at&t network to the almost but not quite as fast Verizon network. Oh, and on that note, I wonder if the iPhone 5 will have enough room in it to include two CDMA radios so those folks can talk and surf at the same time. That way it can be as useful a few of the Android based phones on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.