AT&T Withdraws Its T-Mobile Application from FCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

un4given01

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
This is win for T-Mobile customers such as myself! Hopefully they'll not get the wireless assets, and leave T-Mobile alone.

AT&T is full of fail. Had an account with them back in the day, and they haven't changed except to get worse since then.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
...so they will try to buy everything but the name this time. Enough mergers already, just compete honestly, and actually pay some attention to your own network instead of trying to steal someone else's.

Kudos to the FCC for doing something right, hopefully they continue.

josh jones

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
These government agencies usually don't act in the best interest of the public when corporations ask for favors. deduction leads to uncertainties with potential voters now and maybe catastrophic negative affects of corporate favoritism:)

ik242

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
as a former T-Mobile user, i have no nice word about them, but i did have good experience with ATT.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]ik242[/nom]as a former T-Mobile user, i have no nice word about them, but i did have good experience with ATT.[/citation]
I have no nice words in regards to T-Mobile either....
[citation][nom]josh jones[/nom]These government agencies usually don't act in the best interest of the public when corporations ask for favors. deduction leads to uncertainties with potential voters now and maybe catastrophic negative affects of corporate favoritism[/citation]
This merger is not and never has been in anyone's best interest except AT&T and Deutche Telekom.... Consumers will facing LESS competition, which is proven to result in higher prices. T-Mobile and AT&T employees will be facing loss of jobs due to excessive staff....which will result in HIGHER UNEMPLOYMENT..... And, at the end of the day, AT&T will still have one of the worst networks in the Cellular industry....

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
With greedy CEO Randell Stephenson AT&T has gone from merely the "big phone company" to the worse infrastructure , poorest customer service, most incompetent telecommunications company in the entire world. Except that is when they are tapping into your personal communications of course.

Eat it Randell.

Just another greedy, uncaring, customer be damned, CEO.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
What just happened was a tax deduction which ATT can claim and less money going back to the government. Actually a very smart move on ATT's part and then they will continue to devalue T-M's network assets and eventually, T-M will pull out completely or be forced to be purchased by ATT... There are no other suitors for T-M at this time.

Objectivist

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
This is an absolute abomination. The fact that 2 companies were attempting to do something they felt was in their best interest best interest, and the government come swooshing in swinging their clubs and guns and puts a stop to it is not a win for anyone. It is an assault on freedom, and any assault on freedom is an assault on everyone. Right now we have 4 major wireless carriers. Why is that ok in the eyes of the government, but having only 3 would "harm customers". No one has a right to cell phone service. Therefore, even if the merger would lead to higher prices (which I don't believe it would) there is no reason the government should step in and see to it that prices don't rise. The government's only proper role is to protect rights, and cell phone service is not a right.

msgun98

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
@Objectivist: If you believe that consolidating service providers (aka DECREASING competition) won't eventually lead to raised prices, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

msgun98

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
@Objectivist: If you believe that consolidating service providers (aka DECREASING competition) won't eventually lead to raised prices, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
@hoofhearted - CDMA is a better technology, this is why LTE is the marriage of GSM and CDMA technology (loose comparison). However, the industry should move to VOIP type technology to free up bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.