ATH-M50X/ATH-M40X size of headphones

Robster414

Estimable
Aug 31, 2015
Hi guys, I'm planning on purchasing either one of these headphones by Audio-Technica and I need some help with dimensions. If there is anyone who knows how tall or high these headphones are when on the smallest adjustment, I would really appreciate if you could tell me these dimensions.

The reason why I came here is because I am worried about the headphones not fitting well on my head and can't seem to find any dimensions on the internet.

Solution
on the m50,
from bottom of headband to bottom of earcup exterior
approx 7-3/4 lowest, 8-1/2 largest
earcups are about 3-7/8 tall
dimensions are in inches, mesurements taken with headband in natural state (not pulled apart like on your head)

i'm not sure if they would work for people with extremely large or small sized heads but should fit most. the earcups however are a bit small so will fit small or medium sized ears. large sized ears might find them more like on-ears rather than over-ears.

i dont own the m40 so cannot say. the m30 fits similar sized heads though

the dt770 is similar but has huge earcups in case your ears are very large.
on the m50,
from bottom of headband to bottom of earcup exterior
approx 7-3/4 lowest, 8-1/2 largest
earcups are about 3-7/8 tall
dimensions are in inches, mesurements taken with headband in natural state (not pulled apart like on your head)

i'm not sure if they would work for people with extremely large or small sized heads but should fit most. the earcups however are a bit small so will fit small or medium sized ears. large sized ears might find them more like on-ears rather than over-ears.

i dont own the m40 so cannot say. the m30 fits similar sized heads though

the dt770 is similar but has huge earcups in case your ears are very large.

Solution