Question Atmos from PC to TV to Soundbar

Jan 21, 2022
Hi guys,

I am new here, I have been looking at a solution to get atmos working from my pc to my sound bar either via TV or straight to my soundbar. Can't find an solutions using google either.

Firstly my PC is old and running a nividia GTX 660 TI which is connected to my LG OLED C9 tv with HDMI, my tv is then connected to the soundbar with HDMI using earc. Works fine, but I cannot get the option in sound settings to turn on Dolby atmos on my PC, I am stuck with stereo sound, ever other option is greyed out.

My soundbar is a samsung HW-Q70R with the wireless rear speakers. Dolby access is installed. Dolby access tells me to connect the pc straight to the soundbar and when I do that I get no signal that the pc is connected, just a black screen before the tv tells me to look at settings if there is no picture. However my Apple TV 4k which is connected to the soundbar normally has no problem.

I have no problems using atmos in Netflix, disney+ or at other apps on the tv. My apple tv 4k also works fine using atmos which as i mentioned about is connected straight to the only input on the soundbar.

When PC - TV - Soundbar I have sound settings on the tv as following. HDMI ARC turned on with passthrough and earc enabled. I have tried using PCM and auto instead of passthrough but no atmos on the PC.

Any Ideas? I am wondering if the problem is my graphics card? I am planning on getting a new PC sometime in the future, but that is going to be a while away.

Please help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shepherdkro Streaming Video & TVs 0
H Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 4
D Streaming Video & TVs 10
M Streaming Video & TVs 3
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
V Streaming Video & TVs 2