audio concerns in M5A99FX PRO R2.0. THREE questions.

fabrilash

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
I always used a usb to headphone jack cable to plug in my headphones.
A cable which has usb on one side and headphone jack in the other. (usb to pc and then your headphones connected to the other side of the cable.)

I bought a new pair of heaphones and i dont know if the cable gives the same quality than simply connecting the headphones directly to the audio jack on the pc.
(THAT IS THE FIRST QUESTION. IS THE QUALITY THE SAME?"

The second thing i need help with, is getting the audio jack to work on the pc. I plugged my headphones in and did not get any sound. (SD: Ive never used the audio jack directly from the pc so it might be that something is not plugged in on the MB)

Third question is....how much improvement can you get from buying a sound card and is it even worth it?

Solution
Your motherboard's built in sound will be better then most any usb type card.

Yes, you need to plug the jack ports on your case in to your motherboard. Look at your motherboard manual.
You also need to install the drivers from the CD you got with the motherboard.

Motherboard integrated sound cards are much better then they used to be. It is basically one of those "if you have to ask then you don't need it" as only someone recording audio professionally or a pure audiophile needs a high dollar sound card.
Your motherboard's built in sound will be better then most any usb type card.

Yes, you need to plug the jack ports on your case in to your motherboard. Look at your motherboard manual.
You also need to install the drivers from the CD you got with the motherboard.

Motherboard integrated sound cards are much better then they used to be. It is basically one of those "if you have to ask then you don't need it" as only someone recording audio professionally or a pure audiophile needs a high dollar sound card.

Solution