Audio error on laptop.

psycho333

Estimable
Apr 28, 2015
I have a sager laptop, and for some reason, when I plug in my headphones, the audio stops playing. I have spent over 12 hours trying to find a solution, but nothing has worked. The software I am using is Realtek HD Audio Manager. The headphones I am using are MSI steelseries. I have already been able to confirm that these headphones are fine, its just the laptop. I also know that nothing is broken in the input because for some reason(specifically in the morning) it will work. So as of now I have headphones that will unlikely work. Either way, any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Solution
Ok do a system restore to previous point where your system works good.. or else may be your head set audio connector port may be somewhat loose... try any other headset to make sure..
All the best

psycho333

Estimable
Apr 28, 2015

The headset works with my phone and my other laptop (which is a mac). When you say do I hear sound without the headset, do you mean do the speakers work. Yes. And no, there is no exclamation near device manager. I think I should also add that this issue occurred after I installed the following. Spelunky from steam. A DS4 tool called inputmapper so I can play with a ps4 controller. As well as motioninjoy to use a ps3 controller. However, I later uninstalled motioninjoy because it wasn't working and I heard it COULD be a virus. Thought that was worth mentioning because this issue never occurred before these were installed.

EDIT: I also noticed that the sound works in the morning. Like right now, I am posting this in the morning and they are working. However, when I return later at about 4:00, it will stop working.

Dashing_star

Estimable
Feb 5, 2015
Ok do a system restore to previous point where your system works good.. or else may be your head set audio connector port may be somewhat loose... try any other headset to make sure..
All the best

Solution

psycho333

Estimable
Apr 28, 2015

It worked!!! Thank you so much for suggesting that, I am rather new to windows so...yeah, I was unaware of system restore's, I really appreciate this!