Question Audio for gaming console to monitor/soundbar

Lramirez

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2012
Been trying to connect my xb1/ps4 to my monitor (samsung chg70). With my soundbar (samsung N850) for dolby atmos on my xbox. Tried console to soundbar, soundbar to monitor and other combinations with no luck for sound. Anyway to use my monitor and soundbar to play audio for my consoles

Do you mean no sound at all or no Atmos?
To get Atmos your only option would be to hook your console to the HDMI input of the soundbar and the HDMI output of the soundbar to your monitor. Check the audio settings on the console and make sure the content has Atmos.
If you don't get any sound then check that you are connected to the HDMI input (not the HDMI-ARC output) and have selected that as your input. The check console settings so that the output is compatible with the audio codecs supported by the soundbar.

Lramirez

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2012
Do you mean no sound at all or no Atmos?
To get Atmos your only option would be to hook your console to the HDMI input of the soundbar and the HDMI output of the soundbar to your monitor. Check the audio settings on the console and make sure the content has Atmos.
If you don't get any sound then check that you are connected to the HDMI input (not the HDMI-ARC output) and have selected that as your input. The check console settings so that the output is compatible with the audio codecs supported by the soundbar.
Sorry meant like no audio at all. I could do optical from xbox to the soundbar but I wanted dolby atmos to play. Been trying different hdmis and combinations but no luck on getting audio.

Monitor chg70
Soundbar N850