Audio Format Converter Software That Can Convert An Entire Playsist

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2018
I have found some audio file format converter programs that convert individual lossless files to MP3 files, but does anyone know of a program that can convert an entire playlist?

Mar 13, 2018

Sorry, but apparently, I didn't express that properly. I was referring to erasing the artists/music folders on the image that I was creating that I posted on the board.

Mar 13, 2018

Also, I never did understand how creating a new folder(and calling it the MP3 folder) puts anything in that folder.

Mar 13, 2018

In Windows 10 it looks like it's on the "This PC" drive. And then under that, my music is in the "Music" folder.

Also, you can see the "Music" folder on the left-hand column and on the upper-right under the Folders (7). Plus, if I double-clicked on either of those locations, you will see a long list of musical artists. Additionally, I just looked and saw that I have a "Music" folder under my OneDrive drive.

thispc.music.jpg

okay, I cannot explain it in a simpler way, if you still dont understand, I suggest you start reading the Help manul of the program.

as per this image below in 3 steps

A: select the folder where your music is at
B: select where the converted files will be saved at
c: select the format you are converting to (new file) the old music file
gELsDp1.png

press convert files.
enjoy

Mar 13, 2018

Okay, when you put it that way... that worked... kind of. Because I sat there and saw the program start to download the various music files(and it took a while), however, after it was completed, I didn't see where one could either play or retrieve those files. Also, in both our images, the console only has the Files, Formats, Conversion and Help tabs. Plus, I clicked on the Help tag and there isn't much information on how to use the Audio Converter:

http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-audio-converter

And by the way, are you familiar with the iTunes and VLC software? Because if you are, I watched this video:

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-igzBlifNc"][/video]

and even though I was able to follow the video and transfer one of my WMP Playists over to VLC, right around 00.56 I got lost where they explained how to "save playlist to file" because I was having difficulty understanding how to select a location to save that playlist to. :??:

But if you're not familiar with either of those programs, obviously you wouldn't be able to help me. However, weeks ago, I started a 'help' thread at the VLC forum and got zero(0) replies to my thread. :sarcastic:

Also, I'm assuming that not too many people do this kind of thing, or understand how to do this because of the lack of people who not only responded to this thread, but because of the lack of people who responded to the other threads that I have at other forums about this. :/

I dont know how much easier I can make you problem be. I dont use iTunes because its an apple product and its *expletive* new age garbage software.
I also do not use VLC for music, I use AMP. VLC is for videos not music so it will not handle things the way you think a music /mp3 player should handle it.
I have explained it the way I do it, it just doesn't get any better than that for conversions, if you have tons of files in that music folder (I have about 6TB myself) of course it will take a huge amount of time to load all the musical file information before it can proceed to convert them each and every single one to the new format you chose. (something to run overnight while your sleeping type of thing)

Mar 13, 2018

Is this AMP?

http://ampmix.net/

Also, if that is what you use, why were you showing me how to use VSDC? Or is it because VSDC is free. Also, I'll probably will have to go to another forum and hope that somene will understand what I am doing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.