Audio from PS4 through PC and into headset.

Anders_11

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016
Hey guys. I just want to ask if there is any difference in a minijack headset adapter and a minijack splitter?

I'm asking because I want to connect the sound from my PS4 to my PC. I'm planning on connecting my PS4 controller to a splitter/headset adapter in my pc using minijack cable and then plug my headset into the splitter hoping i will get the sound from both my pc and my PS4. I don't own a USB-headset, only a minijack-headset.

Does anyone have any experience with stuff like this?

yes.

splitters split the signal into two identical cables. for example the ground, left, right and mic on a 4pole into another ground, left, right and mic 4pole or a ground, left, right 3pole into two ground, left, right 3pole.

adapters convert or break away the mic portion. they convert 4pole ground, left, right, mic into a 3pole ground, left, right and 3pole ground mic

just so i am understanding you correctly:

mic input needs to go to ps4 only (via controller)
you want to hear audio from both the game on ps4 (via controller) and from the pc (skype, web, etc)
at the same time?

easiest way is to probably use a mixer. you could use two headset adapters to break out the headphone audio from the mic audio on both sides of the connection (headset and controller) then connect the input on headset for headphone audio to the output on mixer (inputs being from controller and pc). mic connections would just be connected together.

nice thing about a mixer? normally less backtalk and you can adjust volume levels for the sources. most stereo 3.5mm mixers are rather cheap as well.

Anders_11

Commendable
Nov 24, 2016
[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/x5Q04My.png)

Like this. I need only gamesound from my PS4. I need my mic input to go to my PC and from my PC I need skype/discord.