Audio is out of sync in EVERY SINGLE video.

dsinghgill

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
HELP ME!!!

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong location, but please help me....

Whenever I play any video on my computer, the audio is always a little bit out of sync with the video. I think it's the audio that is ahead of the video a little bit.

It's so annoying!
And this problem happens with all the videos that I play.

FYI, I downloaded the satsuki decoder pack and use media player classic to play my videos.
And my video card is the HD 7850 2GB.

dsinghgill

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013

Yup, I believe so.
I just reinstalled windows 8.1 and installed all the drivers, including ones for my video card.
I installed all the things from the AMD website for my video card, but after that I removed the catalyst manger thing.

(But I think I had the same problem even before uninstalling that).

Oh and just now, I uninstalled satsuki decoder pack and installed VLC player instead, but I get the same results.

Lan2u

Estimable
May 10, 2014

Do you have 2 monitors ? And what cable are you using to connect to the monitor?

Lan2u

Estimable
May 10, 2014
Is the cable plugged into the graphics card yes?
Can you try it on another monitor (Do you have a spare one you can try)
You could also try using a different type of cable

dsinghgill

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013

Yes, the cable is plugged in correctly.

I tried using another (DVI) cable, and I got the same results.
I also tried, copying over a couple of videos to another pc to see if it was just me. But no, the sync seems just fine on another PC.

This really is frustating! I mean the sync is off by less than 1 second, but is so noticble.

Could it be my hdd?
One thing I didn't mention was that... whenever I start up my pc, and then open any folder (like my pictures, or my videos, etc) the pc kind of freezes for 5 seconds. I mean, it's not like I can't do anything when that happens. It's just that that icon thumbails are not loaded, and I can't right click, etc ... but the mouse still moves and I can open stuff.

Could this have any role in my video audio probelm?

Feb 3, 2019
Trouble started for me after I installed a GTX 1060 (3GB) card in my Win 10 system, having previously relied on Intel graphics. All would be well after starting video playback but, after a few minutes, video would noticeably start to lag Realtek HD audio, with the problem worsening over time. Pausing and unpausing video playback would reset everythingt, only for the sync problem to develop again within minutes. VLC, Netflix, YouTube, etc. were all affected equally.

Searching the web, including this site, reveals that this syncing problem is very widespread and a great many people have proposed a great many fixes.

The one that worked for me was to DISABLE FAST BOOT IN WINDOWS CONTROL PANEL.

(Right-click Start, select Search, enter "control panel", ensure icons are displayed, select "Power options" and select "Choose what the power buttons do". [If the option to "Turn on fast startup (recommended)" isn't there, you may need to select "Change settings that are currently unavailable".] Finally, clear the fast startup checkbox, Save Settings and restart your machine.