audio issues not sure what

infamous bambi

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
so i have an issue with not being able to get my headphone or mic port to work ive right clicked on the speaker in the bottom right corner an gone into playback devices and it only comes up with 5 options 1st being mstar demo AMD high def audio device which gives me sound throught the tv/monitor the other 4 are digital display audio AMD high def audio but i can not use or select the last 4... pretty sure its not the software cause i reinstalled windows 10 to make sure,not sure if its the ports either because i attached another set of ports into the pins down the bottom of motherboard an still didnt work, can one help??

Solution
Getting and external usb audio adapter may or may not work.

Main reasons being is that the problem itself has not been identified.

Please check the following link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/amd-high-definition-audio-device-not-plugged-in/5d29aa66-041d-4854-a314-90ebe53bc77f?auth=1

For the moment do not do anything other than just reading the link. It may or may not be directly applicable to your situation. The link does seem to address your problem but more information and detail is needed before going forward.

And I am wondering about that "demo" in your problem description - what is the source of the software?
Windows 10?

Plug in your headphones/mic and run the troubleshooters.

The Troubleshooters may find and fix something. "WIN" + "I" > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.

Use Device Manager to check and update drivers. That may find and resolve some issue.

infamous bambi

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016

just did said troubleshoot couldnt identify the problem and device manager said audio is upto date would get an external usb audio adaptor possibly work?

Getting and external usb audio adapter may or may not work.

Main reasons being is that the problem itself has not been identified.

Please check the following link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/amd-high-definition-audio-device-not-plugged-in/5d29aa66-041d-4854-a314-90ebe53bc77f?auth=1

For the moment do not do anything other than just reading the link. It may or may not be directly applicable to your situation. The link does seem to address your problem but more information and detail is needed before going forward.

And I am wondering about that "demo" in your problem description - what is the source of the software?

Solution