Solved! audio jack converter

Sep 24, 2020
Might be silly, but I need help finding a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm female adapter/converter for my stereo aux cable.

The shell/grip is too big for my headphones and won't fit the jack all the way in, so the audio only plays out the left side.

I'd really just like one similar to the 6.5mm to 3.5mm ones, I don't want more cables if I can avoid it.

I've searched online but maybe I'm not using the right terms, any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
What you are looking for is a headphone extension cable. The problem is that what you want is short and extensions tend to be long (6' or more).
If you can find a local repair shop they should be able to replace the plug with one that fits or make a short extension cable for you.
Whether either option makes economic sense will depend on how much the headphones cost you
If you have a case on the phone sometimes trimming it around the headphone jack will solve the problem.
What you are looking for is a headphone extension cable. The problem is that what you want is short and extensions tend to be long (6' or more).
If you can find a local repair shop they should be able to replace the plug with one that fits or make a short extension cable for you.
Whether either option makes economic sense will depend on how much the headphones cost you
If you have a case on the phone sometimes trimming it around the headphone jack will solve the problem.

Solution
Sep 24, 2020
The cable is for home use (from my pc to bluetooth headphones) that i got on ebay for like £3, so you're right in that it would cost more to get the plug replaced unless i bought the materials myself in a hardware shop. I don't trust myself with diy electrical jobs so I definintely won't be doing that.

Thanks for replying :)