Solved! Audio Not Working Properly

Aug 22, 2018
I have had my computer for about 4 months now. I've always been able to plug in my headphones and listen to whatever I wanted to. However, today I plugged in my headphones and audio would only play from the left speaker. I was extremely confused by this because I was just watching a YouTube video on my phone with the headphones, but they stopped working after being plugged into my computer. I've looked at all my audio settings and found nothing wrong that I can see. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling my audio drivers, but the audio is still broken. Please offer any insight you can into this. Thank you

N3rdR4ge

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
did you try it again on your phone and confirm it still works properly?

also, usually desktop machines have a front and rear audio jack. did you try both? (not applicable to laptops)

Aug 22, 2018
Yes, I tested the headphones multiple times with different tablets and phones I had. I also tried different headphones/earbuds on my computer and the result is the same. Right speaker doesn't work. My desktop only has the front audio jack

N3rdR4ge

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
what desktop do you have (model number)? there is almost always an audio jack on the back. i would definitely confirm that if you havent. also what OS are you running? win 10?

Aug 22, 2018
I believe americanaudiophile is right. If I pull the headphone plug out of the jack just slightly, both speakers begin working again. I would be fine living with this, but the quality is absolute garbage, and I can barely hear anything. Thank you for the help, but I'm not sure it's something I can fix.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Audio 1
S Audio 3
FirstLast1234 Audio 8
B Audio 5
H Audio 1
atesba Audio 3
DeadlyBFB Audio 0
jdip13 Audio 1
reynoldswrap Audio 0
A Audio 2
A Audio 2