Audio only plays through 1 side of earphones

Brian_220

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
I know there are already a lot of posts like this, and I've tried many of the solutions proposed but there's something distinct about mine that I makes me think the problems hardware related. I've had 2 pairs of earbuds in the past 2 months and the 1st pair worked fine in my laptop until one morning when the left ear just stopped working. I bought a new pair of earbuds and was not pleased with the same result. I don't know why but I tried pushing down in the cable next to the port and then I could hear from the left side. This works on both earphones and both earphones work just fine in my phone. Putting pressure on the cable only works when pushed to the bottom of the laptop and not any other direction. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Solution
Sounds like the jack is either damaged or something is loose. If the device is under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer. If it isn't, then you can either open it up and try the repair/replacement yourself, or you can take it to a local tech to do the work.
Sounds like the jack is either damaged or something is loose. If the device is under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer. If it isn't, then you can either open it up and try the repair/replacement yourself, or you can take it to a local tech to do the work.

Solution