Audio output issues

Calvin7

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Audio output connections are available to connect to external amplifier.

The output is the same as that that plays out of the TV speakers. The TV speakers will use a separate volume and muting control.

Whatever audio is coming out of the TV speakers is going out of those terminals. You can turn down or mute the TV speakers without affecting that output.

Jul 8, 2018

Jul 8, 2018
The only problem is there is no signal on either output of the TV. I have a scope on both outputs and there is nada signal. I have checked all the on screen menus and the Toshiba users guide makes no mention of any way to turn the external outputs on or off unlike other manufacturers. The internal speakers are working. I would just like to hook up an external sound system with some decent speakers.

Jul 8, 2018
I can do all kinds of rigs and mods but it still does not explain why I cannot get audio out of the very distinctly labeled "output " jacks of the TV. Toshiba tech support is no help. They seem to think I have a service issue with the TV. Somewhere in the back of my mind can't help but think I am missing something in options or set-ups but I think I have tried every combination that I can come up with and the same results. Is there a magic hand shake or some sort of upgrade of software I am missing. I am about ready to tear into this bad boy and make something work. I have never tried to use the audio outputs before so It might have been a problem from the factory.