Solved! Audio problems with hdmi

lazrocks

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Hello,
I can't get any response from my subwoofer when using the HDMI cable. Can I keep the video on HDMI and have audio on digital optical or coaxial?

Solution
I assume you have the subwoofer on your PC and the HDMI cable (carrying audio) to your TV? Therefore you may be trying to use your MOBO audio as well as your graphics card audio. I think this is possible.

The first thing to check is that in BIOS you don't have your mobo disabled if there is a PCI audio card (or graphics card with audio) installed. You may need to set it to enabled or at least auto.

You may want to check you have multistreaming enabled in your mobo audio card settings. I am not sure if this will affect you but better be safe and play with it later when you get it working.

Then check what devices you have listed under playback in Windows sounds&audio. When outputing to your TV you may have the graphics card audio...

pietrzj

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
I assume you have the subwoofer on your PC and the HDMI cable (carrying audio) to your TV? Therefore you may be trying to use your MOBO audio as well as your graphics card audio. I think this is possible.

The first thing to check is that in BIOS you don't have your mobo disabled if there is a PCI audio card (or graphics card with audio) installed. You may need to set it to enabled or at least auto.

You may want to check you have multistreaming enabled in your mobo audio card settings. I am not sure if this will affect you but better be safe and play with it later when you get it working.

Then check what devices you have listed under playback in Windows sounds&audio. When outputing to your TV you may have the graphics card audio selected. You can keep your audio on your coax if you do not use your graphics card as the audio source so choose the mobo audio device instead.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS