Audio problems

Azbo

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Hello,

I've recently installed a new ASUS 6850 graphics card for my computer, the computer itself was made in 2009. I also bought a 550W power supply for the graphics card.

When I turned on my computer with my new graphics card my sound is fine but any game I enter a static, squeeky/high pitched noise comes through any audio device I plug into the hardware/computer. I have tried installing drivers for it recommended by others. It also says AMD HDMI Output is not Plugged in, i'm not sure if this has anything to do with it.

If you have any awnsers that worked for you please help me.

Thanks alot.

Azbo

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Also even when I move my cursor of my mouse is makes the annoying squeek sound, i'm not sure what this is related to, it's like when I am playing a game, depending where I look the sound gets louder or worse, for example if it is a plain sky the sound isn't so bad but as soon as I look at a wall which requires graphics the sound gets louder and worse.

put the old graphics card back in and see if the sound goes away.

perhaps there is something wrong with the graphics card. or perhaps there is something bad with the drivers. use the latest drivers from the asus website.

Azbo

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Yeah I already tried the drivers, i'll put the old one back in and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks