Audio randomly bugs out with white noise

Apr 27, 2018
For the past few months, I've had this problem where my audio bugs out and all I can hear is solid white noise for 5-15 seconds. It occurs completely randomly, sometimes every few days, or even every day

And another issue probably related to that - For example, with this video, especially at the 3 minute mark... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0a2Prc_MQo
Whenever I move the volume scroller up and down, I get constant popping/crackling audio. It also pops whenever I click to pause/resume or skip around the video. It doesn't happen on every single video, it varies.

I've tried using LatencyMon a few times, but it didn't say that I had any problems. https://i.imgur.com/AowUxeE.png
I've also tried to use different usb ports on my computer.

Another thing I noticed was that I also get random popping noises whenever I am restarting/booting up my computer.

These are my PC specs if needed:

OS - Windows 10 64-bit CPU - Intel i5 6600K
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB
GPU - Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080ti 11GB OC Edition
MOBO - MSI Z150A Krait Gaming 3X
Headset - HyperX Cloud II Gaming

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Solution
Interesting. Good on you to try it on another machine to see if it continues. If it does, I'd try to get a replacement from the manufacturer if you're still within your warranty period.
Apr 27, 2018

I believe a sound card.

Because the headset description says this:
HyperX Cloud II features a redesigned USB sound card audio control box that amplifies audio and voice for an optimal Hi-Fi gaming experience

The headset is only a few months old

Also, I just updated it to the latest firmware, but sadly that didn't get rid of the problem.

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
It's an in-line kind of thing, right? Connected to your rig via USB? What they're using isn't the same thing as a dedicated sound card that occupies a slot in your case but serves a similar purpose.

Do you have it plugged into an input on the front or the back? Have you tried to switch around and see if it makes any difference?

Apr 27, 2018

Yes it's an inline thing where the cable is permanently connected to the headset itself which connects into the amp via 3.5mm jack, and then that connects via usb into the computer.

I have tried both the front ports, as well as the ports at the back that connect to the motherboard. Didn't change anything.

I am beginning to think it could be a problem with the inline amp, tomorrow I'll try to test if the problem is still there when I connect it to my laptop.

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
Interesting. Good on you to try it on another machine to see if it continues. If it does, I'd try to get a replacement from the manufacturer if you're still within your warranty period.

Solution