Alvaras

Prominent
May 19, 2017
Hey guys, basically whats happening, im trying to set up some subwoofers at home. Because i have 4x12 subwoofer which i got out of my old car and they just collecting dust. Im gonna make 2 separate boxes, so each box will accommodate 2 subs. Im about to use citronix plx3600 2 channel amp,1800rms per channel at 2 ohms. But to get both channel outputs I need 2 separate input signals. Also a behringer cx2310 crossover. But the problem is that the crossover only has 1 subwoofer output. What if i would split the subwoofer output from crossover into 2 xlr outputs and then connect them input 1&2 into my amp and run the amp on parallel or stereo whichever is better. Would that cause any problems? Or will i need another crossover? Im not worried about L and R. Only will be running mono. Because i have never had chance to get my hands on PA equipment and i am still pretty new to it. I have a drawn a picture of my connections. So tell me if im doing right or not

https://ibb.co/pPsLdcB

Thank you, any help really appreciated

Solution
No problem splitting the sub output of the crossover, running the amp in dual mono, and connecting each cabinet to one channel of the amp.
If the amp can be bridged to mono then you would only need the single output. You would connect both cabinets in parallel to the plus terminals only. Check the amp manual on how to use the amp in mono.
You might get more power this way depending on the amp and speaker impedance.
No problem splitting the sub output of the crossover, running the amp in dual mono, and connecting each cabinet to one channel of the amp.
If the amp can be bridged to mono then you would only need the single output. You would connect both cabinets in parallel to the plus terminals only. Check the amp manual on how to use the amp in mono.

Solution

Alvaras

Prominent
May 19, 2017

So basically there is no harm and etc if i split crossover sub output in 2 and use it for each amp signal input. The best power output i get out of my amp is using 2 channels, 1800 rms at 2 ohms per each channel. whereas bridge output only 2900rms at 4ohms. So thats why i need to use both channels and get 2 signal inputs. Because i didnt if was a good idea or not to split crossover sub output