Audio skipping when watching a movie

gunthersun

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
I am watching an avi file and the audio skips every 5 seconds. It makes watching a movie annoying. I can listen to an mp3 just fine at 10us, and work in cubase at 10us, but when watching a movie, I go above 1000us on DPC latency and it sits there the whole time. What gives??

gunthersun

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
I just disabled my video card and now it is working. Must have been the video then. Ok I guess I can live without the ATI control center

gunthersun

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
I am having some extreme problems. I am trying to watch a movie and the audio is constantly skipping.

I have narrowed the problem down to the graphics card. With the graphics card not turned on, I can't drag the movie around seamlessly and I can't scroll in webpages seamlessly (big pain), but the DPC latency checker registers around 15us. (see pic). However, I can watch the movie just fine without skipping.

2mwfsix.jpg

Now I try to watch the movie with the control center on, and there is a horrible latency plateau. It starts when the movie starts.

fa7g5j.jpg

I also noticed that the same thing happens when I navigate to the avivo tab in the control center.

xo172e.jpg

This is extremely frustrating. What is the deal? Thanks so much for helping me.