Audio Splitting Question...

Brandon Robison

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015
Okay, so for a minute I had a hard time figuring out how to convey what I am trying to do. I am a visual person, so putting this quick picture together, I can better explain my goal. Below is the picture (linked to my gaming group, hence why it is from GroupMe).

http://i.groupme.com/868x560.png.1a111162ad4d49ef9d773e4eec6a9012.large

So in a nutshell, I use a headset and record/stream my gameplay to Twitch. What I am trying to achieve is being able to independently control application volume to two different outputs (One being my headset and the other being xsplit).

Basically I want the Spotify to be at 100% volume to Xsplit and 50% through my headset. For Mumble, I want it to be reversed. Basically, I want to be able to hear mumble over the music through my headset, but hear the music over mumble through Xsplit (what my viewers hear).

Any advice? I am trying to avoid having to build a dedicated streaming machine to achieve this.

Here is my config:

ASRock Z87 Extreme6
Intel I7 4770k 3.5 GHz (No OC at this time)
16 GB Crucial D3 1600MHz
PNY 240GB SSD
Asus GTX770 2GB OC DCU2
Windows 7

Don't know if you can do that with software at all, but you can probably do it with a multi input mixer like those used for instruments and just set the levels there with the headphones as the output. You can also do this somewhat with a volume control on the headset or with a headset amp, just up the volume using that.

Brandon Robison

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015

See, I did think about that. However, that would only control the volume to each "device." The Xsplit program is capturing audio from my default source, so however I manipulate the volume to the headset is replicated through Xsplit. So by changing the volume to either will just change the overall volume between Xsplit and Headphones. Xsplit allows me to change Computer vs Mic volume, but doesn't let me get as granular and change each application's volume going into Xsplit separately.

The only solution I can think of right now (please prove me wrong) is having a separate computer with a capture card for Mumble/Game and then have the music playing through the stream machine so that I can control that by itself. However, I won't be able to hear the music through my headset (its a usb/wireless headset, Logitech G930)