Audio stops working when I plug mic in

apullen918

Prominent
Dec 9, 2017
I'm using a Logitech G230 Stereo Gaming Headset on my Windows 10 PC, the headset has two plugs, one for audio and one for the microphone. When only the audio plug is in the sound works fine, but the audio immediately stops working when I plug in the mic and comes back on when I unplug the mic. I've had this headset for around a year now with no problems until today, what should I do?

Solution
first time using on windows 10 pc? a couple things you can try. when opening the sound panel check to see if you have an option to enable feedback when mic is plugged in. Another is right clicking volume icon and checking sound properties to make sure the audio is selecting the right port (example audios jacks at the front vs at the back). Check if audio drivers are updated (including any that come with the 320)

Umeed

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013
first time using on windows 10 pc? a couple things you can try. when opening the sound panel check to see if you have an option to enable feedback when mic is plugged in. Another is right clicking volume icon and checking sound properties to make sure the audio is selecting the right port (example audios jacks at the front vs at the back). Check if audio drivers are updated (including any that come with the 320)

Solution