samskellern1

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
I am looking for a gaming headset with good audio, when comes to gaming and a very good mic as a heavy player of high communication games such wow and battlefield and i would like to make sure i have good voice clarity, but i don't want to sacrifice the audio quality i'm not bothered when comes to wired or wireless but i would of thought wired would be better, i looked at the turtle beach seven which seem all good apart from comfort and mic quality

any suggest much appreciated

thanks

Solution
+1 for the HD 558 + modmic. If you live in a noisy environment or dont want to disturb others, a closed pair of headphones like the Beyerdynamic DT770 + modmic will do just as good. Open headphones are better for gaming due to their larger soundstage.

hysteria357

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
+1 for the HD 558 + modmic. If you live in a noisy environment or dont want to disturb others, a closed pair of headphones like the Beyerdynamic DT770 + modmic will do just as good. Open headphones are better for gaming due to their larger soundstage.

Solution

samskellern1

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
I was looking for a more integrated unit Mic and cans in one unit, as i have a good pair of listening headphone v-moda LP-2 Crossfades what different between the two Sennheiser @sakkura and will they preform as good lets say astro a40 (slightly brain washed there) as they seem alot cheaper?

Sakkura

Distinguished
Sound quality will be higher than Astro A40, but without surround sound. The Sennheiser PC360 is an open headset with the same drivers as the HD 558. The PC350 is closed and uses different drivers. It has higher impedance, which is both good and bad; can lower noise but also requires a beefier amplifier. I think they use the same mic.

There's an old version of the PC350, as well as the newer PC350 SE which fixes some little design weaknesses.