Austrian Phone Booths to Charge Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Meh.We still need phone booths. Maybe not as many as we once had but they are still necessary. There will always be that one day where we are down in the city and you really need to get in touch with someone...and...you forgot your phone.

You know what I mean.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]lauxenburg[/nom]Meh.We still need phone booths. Maybe not as many as we once had but they are still necessary. There will always be that one day where we are down in the city and you really need to get in touch with someone...and...you forgot your phone.You know what I mean.[/citation]
Yeap.
Pay phones are still needed.
I've only ever used them a handful of times, but it's always been because I needed too, and it would have sucked if there wasn't one.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I don't see the price of cell phones dropping, the price for service has been the same for several years and in fact, has gone up a little bit since I started using my cell phone. I'm just glad I got grandfathered in on my contract. Public phones will be useful for years to come, even if they are getting expensive to use.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
Interesting concept providing you're near a phone booth charging station when you need to charge.

Of course converting pay phones inside buildings is not a good idea. :lol:

G

Pay phones are still needed. If nothing else they still need to be there with 911/emergancy access.

G

im really impressed with australia on this matter. it's especially impressive that they foudn out a way to utilize an obsolete phone booth and transformed it into a charging station. now what would be even MORE impressive is if it could charge mobile devices as well! jut one more reason for me to visit there one day.

SevenVirtues

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
[citation][nom]hollowtek[/nom]im really impressed with australia on this matter. it's especially impressive that they foudn out a way to utilize an obsolete phone booth and transformed it into a charging station. now what would be even MORE impressive is if it could charge mobile devices as well! jut one more reason for me to visit there one day.[/citation]

Really nice comment...except that it's not happening in Australia, it is happening in Austria.

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
[citation][nom]klavis[/nom]I don't see the price of cell phones dropping, the price for service has been the same for several years and in fact, has gone up a little bit since I started using my cell phone. I'm just glad I got grandfathered in on my contract. Public phones will be useful for years to come, even if they are getting expensive to use.[/citation]

seriously i remember paying $80 for 300min with nights/weekends not that long ago, and you could forget about unlimited data plans at the time

jmchien

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
[citation][nom]rbarone69[/nom]"box-cum-charging"Ok... am I the only American to see this as funny?[/citation]
nope, but you're probably the only one to admit it...

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
i agree. maybe they could limit charging for a few hours, enough range to get the car home.

[citation][nom]backin5[/nom]Will you hurry up with your car charging? Superman needs to change into his costume.[/citation]

Status
Not open for further replies.