Authentication Problem (Vodafone Smart 4 Turbo)

Natalie_2

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
All of a sudden last night it just stopped working. Every time I type in my password and try to connect it says "Authentication Problem". I have tried so many things to fix this including rebooting my WiFi. restarting my phone. putting my phone on air plane mode. and clearing all data in my google services. Nothing is working PLEAS. I have been searching allover social media to help and so many solutions but nothing is working.
Went to my local shop, put in their WiFi password and it worked fine, came straight home, went to reconnect and put password in and the same thing happened again.
What can I do?

Solution
Hello Natalie,

The problem is not from your phone... the problem comes from your router! I will give you some advices:
1) Try changing security protocol (for example, if it's WPA - change it to WPA2) on router.
2) You can update the router's firmware (if new one is available). <-- this it not fully reccomended !!!
3) You can also enter router's info manually, using "add network" option in your phone's WiFi settings.

is it working now? :)

Regards,
GeRgY

GeRgY

Admirable
Hello Natalie,

The problem is not from your phone... the problem comes from your router! I will give you some advices:
1) Try changing security protocol (for example, if it's WPA - change it to WPA2) on router.
2) You can update the router's firmware (if new one is available). <-- this it not fully reccomended !!!
3) You can also enter router's info manually, using "add network" option in your phone's WiFi settings.

is it working now? :)

Regards,
GeRgY

Solution

Natalie_2

Estimable
Dec 30, 2015
Hello, Thank for answering.

My brother had a mess about and somehow got it working, however, I went round my friends house and it's doing the same thing round her's. I worked and everything before and all of a sudden it isn't working but when I go round there again, I will try your idea and get back to you.
Thank you.

CFrance

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016

Hello, what is meant by 3) You can also enter router's info manually, using "add network" option in your phone's WiFi settings. ? I am having the same problem but do not know what is meant by "router's info" and how to enter it. Can you please help?