Author of 'Skank' Blog to Sue Google for $15 M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethereal_Dragon

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2003
She SHOULD take Google to court, then the judge should fine her $50,000 for wasting the time of the American Justice System.

So she posted infomation on the web that she didn't want people to see. I can imagine what her grades look like, and what she has to do to keep them there..... Oye.

ewood

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
who cares. i shouldnt have wasted my time reading this or especially posting a comment, but work is very slow today...

hrafnthor

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Hell no she wasn't right to sue Google! What you say or do on the web you have to take responsibility for. She types those things on her blog and doesn't have the blog locked so off course people will be able to find it using Google or Yahoo or any other means of search.

"I feel proud to live in a country where you're not persecuted for your opinions"....but she is going to sue the company that operates a search engine because it helped people finding her site? How naive and stupid is this girl!

ewood

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
[citation][nom]Ethereal_Dragon[/nom]She SHOULD take Google to court, then the judge should fine her $50,000 for wasting the time of the American Justice System. So she posted infomation on the web that she didn't want people to see. I can imagine what her grades look like, and what she has to do to keep them there..... Oye.[/citation]

hahahahaha

hrafnthor

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Hell no she wasn't right to sue Google! What you say or do on the web you have to take responsibility for. She types those things on her blog and doesn't have the blog locked so off course people will be able to find it using Google or Yahoo or any other means of search.

"I feel proud to live in a country where you're not persecuted for your opinions"....but she is going to sue the company that operates a search engine because it helped people finding her site? How naive and stupid is this girl!

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]Ethereal_Dragon[/nom]She SHOULD take Google to court, then the judge should fine her $50,000 for wasting the time of the American Justice System. So she posted infomation on the web that she didn't want people to see. I can imagine what her grades look like, and what she has to do to keep them there..... Oye.[/citation]
+1. People are just stupid. WHY would they post privet info online!?!?!

FYI: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PRIVACY ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!

hunter315

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Google got a subpoena so they had no other choice. They do protect us but if you screw up bad enough that a judge will issue a subpoena to get your info google is not going to be your body guard. I doubt this even gets to trial.

Cloned

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
Google only revealed her identity becaused they were forced to by a court ordered subpeona. She has no case against Google since they were following the court order and she can't sue the court. This will take google's lawyers 30sec to get dismissed.

G

Did she prove in court that she's not a skank? This lawsuit is not good for protecting privacy and anonimity, normal people can take heckling, it's part of being famous. Hell, I heckle many of the Tom's writers on a daily basis, I've not heard from their lawyers yet... Kudos to the Tom's staff for taking it like a man...

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Every here of a cyber bully!! I believe there is a law out there to protect the people that are being bullied. In my opinion, she was being bullied and now Rosemary Port is being harassed since her name was published. It doesn't pay to say bad things about people. Good Luck with you lawsuit Rosemary.... NOT.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
15 Mil? what a comedy.
You (Port) posted a defamatory comment -ONLINE BLOG- (does not matter if it's a second or a nano second). Hello? Blog = privacy? Online = privacy? ...Um, do you have a problem with 1+1=2?

Imo, there is a special place in hell for lawyers.

G

Judging by some comments here I don't think some people understand what's going on. She's not suing google because people used google to search for her blog and find out her identity. The blog site she had posted on was hosted by google and google was the one that gave out her identity by providing her personal information.

Now whether or not she has the right to sue google is a toss up because google didn't WANT to give out her info, they were against it. They only gave it out because they were ordered by the court to do so, so google didn't really have much choice in the matter. Either give out the info or face prosecution for violating a court order. Personally, because of that fact, I don't see her lawsuit against google going anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.