Auto Update ms excel/access

hora

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Hello there,

I have an application I use to read data on some devices. This data is then exported to ms excel sheet, the exported data is then copied/pasted to update the existing worksheet for further manipulation.

I am looking for a way to link ms excel or access to the application such that a read data is automatically updated in the existing sheet.

How best can this be achieved.

nelsonthekidd

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
Excel is able to "link" data sources to update any particular sheet. Look under the Data tab for Connections.
You might have to specify a "trusted location" in Options so Excel can access it securely.
Letting us know which "application" your using would help alot, maybe someone here knows how to use it.
You need to automate the export process in "your application" and tell Excel where to find the data.
You can do this with Access as well, but with Excel it is alot easier to manipulate data without writing code.
Good Luck.

hora

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014

Thank you nelsonthekidd for your prompt response,

The application is EMH-COMBI-MASTER 2000 used to read data on meters. When a meter is read, the reading is converted to excel file.

I want the application to pick the parameter set for a particular meter and auto-update its data in an existing excel sheet.