Automatic Backup and Splitting to Upload?

Flappers67

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Hey there everyone,

First off I hope I am posting this in the correct thread.

Anyways, my issue is that I have a Windows Home Server 2011 backup image that is approx. 177 GB. That is fine and all, but I recently bought a storage plan through GoDaddy's Online File folder, not knowing they had a 2 GB maximum upload file size.

So my question is, is there a program or script someone has written or made that when the computer automatically backs up twice a week that it can split the back file so it can start uploading to the Online File Folder? I don't want to have to manually split the file with WinRar twice a week. I might be out of town, busy, forget about it etc...

Hope someone has some suggestions! Anything would be much appreciated!

Solution
Every backup software I have seen has an option to create files in different file sizes for dividing them up into CDs, DVDs, etc... This would only apply to those backups that create a compressed backup file, not those that just copy the files as they are to somewhere.
Every backup software I have seen has an option to create files in different file sizes for dividing them up into CDs, DVDs, etc... This would only apply to those backups that create a compressed backup file, not those that just copy the files as they are to somewhere.

Solution

Flappers67

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no option to divide them up. I don't like that program I am using, but I have found a way around for what I need to do! Thanks anyways :)