Aux cable with red, white and yellow sheild colors

Sep 2, 2018
After stripping an aux jack I have found a red, white, and yellow shielded wire inside. I am wondering which one is right, left and ground.

dudio

Admirable
Most likely red is right and white is left. It's questionable if yellow is ground since that is an odd colour choice. If there is a bare silver or copper wire, that would most likely be your ground and your Aux plug includes a third conductor likely using yellow for a mic or something.
Your best bet is to use a multimeter and check continuity from each pole on the plug to each wire. A Google search will show you which section of the plug is for right/left/ground etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
atesba Audio 3
tophatclay Audio 0
F Audio 1
D Audio 2
I Audio 2
M Audio 1
J Audio 2
H Audio 3
K Audio 16
M Audio 10
M Audio 1
K Audio 18
L Audio 1
B Audio 2
T Audio 1
bobverheul Audio 4
A Audio 1
H Audio 1
J Audio 3
T Audio 1
Similar threads
Solved! Apple Headphone's mic not working with PC.
Question Razer Kraken Pro V1 and V2 audio splitter cable compatibility
Solved! How do I connect my BOSE 3.2.1 Series ll stereo red and white cables to my un65nu800D Smart TV
Hissing (white noise) from Hi-Vi M200MKIII active speakers
I have two cables one with red and black wires and one with red yellow and white
Hook up a cable that has male yellow and white ends and a single auxiliary mail on the other
How to wire aux 3 wire , yellow orange and red to 4 wire USB red white green black
I am hooking my old DVD player up to my LG smart tv. I am using red, white, yellow cables. I have the picture and sound but ca
Which is positive on RCA cable red or white?
Home theater surround sound component Red and white cables to hook to new Samsung 4K HDMI tv
Do you hook up to the DVR (cable box) or to the actual TV, the red/white audio cables??? I dont have a bluetooth capable TV- b
I just purchased a Sony TV Bravio, I've been trying to hook up my Samsung sound bar and I've plugged in the white and red cabl
red and white small connections to the soundbar. One small 3,5mm cable from from the soundbar, but no connection point on the
I plugged in my left and right cable (red and white} it is on Aux. but not working what did I do wrong,because if you unplug f
How do I convert a red and white speaker wire into one auxiliary cord
White noise problems
how do i connect my new LG TV to my old Technics stereo. the TV has optical digital audio out and the stereo has red and white
I have an auxiliary cable which has red , white and black wire . which one these in the ground wire ??
How do i Connect two red and white cables to one input?
Red+White to Black, Or Green to Green composite cable?

ASK THE COMMUNITY