Aux headset connecting to tv problem

phenixgotyou

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
I used to use the 1$ headphones while gaming(solo) so i dont disturb anybody in the house .. today i bought a 30$ headset .. when i try to connect it to my tv via 3.5 mm jack .. the sound doesnt come out of the headset .. tho the 1$ headphones still work on the tv ( p.s. when i try using the headset on my phone it works)

hang-the-9

Titan

There are different jacks and different headset setups now, there is a 3 pole and 4 pole jack, 4 pole is a combo with microphone and speaker. If your headset is a 4 pole jack, you can try using a 4 to 3 pole adapter to split the signal into mic and speaker, then see if the headphone works with your TV. There are also a couple of devices that have the ground in a different location which can mess things up, or you headset and TV just happen to not make a good connection.

VJ_Gamer

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
When you connect the 30$ headphone, does the audio comes out of your TV speakers? Which is your TV and the two headphones.

Peace.

phenixgotyou

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
The 1$ headphones when i used to connect them .. the audio would come out from the tv speakers and the headphones .. when i connect the 30$ ones .. thr audio would come out only from the tv speakers .. the 30$ headsets are Beats(pretty good deal i think) and the 1$ headphones are the normal headphones that comes with phones

phenixgotyou

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
They work when i connect them to the phone perfectly .. you have any solution ?

phenixgotyou

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017
@americanaudiophil I actually said im the post (p.s. when i connect the headset(beats) to the phone it works perfectly) lol .. you have a solution ?

VJ_Gamer

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Then i don't think its the problem with the headset. I guess its the compatibility issue with that particular headset and that particular TV. I had seen similar issues before.

Peace.

phenixgotyou

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017

I dont think so because the tv has a 3.5 mm jack and i think that every headset can be connected to it

phenixgotyou

Prominent
Sep 5, 2017

My headset is a 3 pole

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AiapaecGaming Audio 0
B Audio 1
E Audio 4
ssrn510 Audio 1
S Audio 1
T Audio 1
C Audio 1