AV Receiver Audio Out to TV Speaker

Raymondha

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015
Hi,

I amt trying to help my uncle get audio out from his Sony STR-DE445 Receiver to his Samsung TV. He has a DVD player connected to the receiver and from the receiver he wants the video and audio to output to TV. The video is outputting properly through the Video Monitor out port, but we cannot figure out how to get the audio out from receiver to TV. We were able to get the red/white audio output plugs and plug that directly to the TV to work, but when we plug the audio plugs to receiver and then try to get audio from receiver to TV speaker it does not work. Any suggestions on how to get this to work? I assume it should be possible.

Thanks,
Ray

The receiver assumes it will be producing the audio and the TV speakers would only mess up the sound.
If you do need to have the TV speakers on you can split the audio outputs of the DVD with 2 single male RCA to two female RCA Y adapters. One pair of outputs goes to the receiver and the other to the TV.
Or connect the DVD player directly to the TV and connect the audio output of the TV to the receiver.
Or connect the DVD player digital audio out to the receiver and the analog audio out to the TV. That will get you better sound than the analog audio output.

Raymondha

Estimable
Jun 12, 2015

I am trying to connect the DVD player audio out to the receiver and then the receiver audio out to the TV, but I am not sure which port the DVD should be plugging into and which port is the receiver's audio out.