AV signal on HDMI through Sony Muteki 5500

Ssimha

Honorable
Apr 23, 2015
Hi
I have a Sony Muteki HT-DDW-550 6.2 receiver amplifier connected to a non-Sony / LG TV on HDMI. The input is a Chromecast connected to the HDMI input on the receiver. When I try to play any video (say a YouTube clip) through the Chromecast, thr video comes fine on the TV but not the audio - I expected the Sony Muteki to output the sound on its speakers but it does not - and no sound on the TV speakers either - tried enabling / disabling the TV sound). I even connected the TV's variable audio output to the DVD audio input of the Sony Muteki (Chromecast HDMI input is connected to DVD HDMI input on the Muteki). Thanks in advance for any clues / suggestions to help resolve.

Ssimha

Honorable
Apr 23, 2015
Thank you for the response / suggestion. I tried this, however it did not work. No sound either from the TV or from the Sony Amp speakers.(I tried setting the TV sound to both On and Off modes). The TV is LG 26LXHR. Amp is Sony Muteki HT-DDW5500 (not 550 as stated earlier). The TV manual states that the HDMI input accepts Audio+Video.Will keep doing some more trial and error till it works.

Ssimha

Honorable
Apr 23, 2015
Further to my above response, I tried to delve a bit deeper into the setup - noticed that the LG TV was selected for HDMI-PC by default - and there is another selection for HDMI-DTV, which I selected - this gave me the audio output from the TV and into the Sony receiver. Unfortunately the Sony receiver HDMI input/output is only for Video & not for Audio. Thus is becomes necessary to connect the Chromecast to the TV (rather than the Sony Receiver-amp). I wanted to avoid this while playing audio files where there is no video (now it becomes necessary keep the TV on even for audio only through the Chromecast.
However glad that the problem is resolved with the above solution. Thanks