Avatar 3D Blu-ray Discs on eBay for $400

Status
Not open for further replies.

makingoneup

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
charging insane amounts doesn't mean anything if no one buys them, i think the main idea is that they want people buying a $400 panasonic set just for the movie. sooner or later it will come out to be purchased by itself, but they want to milk all the money they can out of it first.

applegetsmelaid

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Don't 3D TVs have a 3D button? Just buy the regular Blu-Ray and press 3D! Fools! I don't care if it is encoded in 3D... the difference isn't worth $400.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
I cannot believe that anyone is willing to pay that much markup on anything just because they cannot wait a few weeks for something to be available in quantities the market demands. The same goes for xBox, Wii and PS3 launches. Only if I had $400 to blow on a measly Blu-Ray(Which ARE over priced at $20), I can only dream of the wealth and rolling in piles of discretionary income, like these people must have.

Some day I too hope to exploit these saps for my own financial gain.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Only in America would someone spend any ware near that kind of money for One movie let alone it be 3D.[/citation]
Someone is jealous of our moneyz. :D

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Avatar is overrated. I saw it once, and I think that's enough for me. Not something I'd watch again or recommend to anyone who likes good movies. It's a pretty tech demo, nothing more. The plot was generic, the characters were bland, and I stopped caring about what was going on. Box office records mean nothing. District 9 is a far superior movie in every way, and was made with a fifth of the budget and made less than a tenth of the revenue compared to Avatar.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Funny how everyone went to see the movie, appeared to like it, and those same people are now bagging the movie?

What the hell is going on lol..

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
Meanwhile, the 3D version of Avatar has been available in 1080p online for, what, months now? Ridiculous and pointless delays in releases, high prices, and limited availability are what cause people to pirate things. The entertainment industry needs to learn how to supply the demand quickly and fairly if they want people to shell over their hard-earned $ for it. Like people will want to spend the money on all the required equipment as well as the content in addition to being forced to wait longer, all for the sake of doing things legit. Pshhh.

G

Avatar is just Ferngully with special effects...and Ferngully was actually better.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
I really wish I could thumbs up steiner666 here but I can't. He's right. If it isn't available people WILL find a way to get the new hot thing, learn its cheaper to do it that way and vola, a leacher is born

Status
Not open for further replies.