Axis Aerius Drone Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven_17

Estimable
Oct 31, 2015
JUST RECEIVED MY AXIS AERIUS DRONE AND I WILL TELL YOU IF ANYONE WANTS TO BE HONEST THIS THING IS PURE JUNK. YOU'LL SPEND MORE TIME TRYING TO TRIM THE ROTORS THAN YOU WILL SPEND FLYING IT. SAVE YOUR MONEY. TRYING TO FLY THIS THING IS RIDICULOUS. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER. AFTER ONE CRASH THE ROTORS WILL BEND; NOW YOU CAN START THE TRIMMING PROCESS ALL OVER AGAIN. TRASH !!

pasomonte

Estimable
Nov 4, 2015
I just got mine as well. At first it tried to fly but was very unstable. Now after a bunch of crashes it can't even lift off in out of ground effect. Maybe the problem is tweaked rotors (I lost one). Replacements are not available yet. I am not happy.

cosmostt

Estimable
Nov 22, 2015
I had pre-ordered the AERIUS drone and I was super excited. I Received my first one and it had stabilization issues. From day one minute one the drone always drifts to one side and would just go at a fast rate in one direction without input that it should be accelerating in any direction. I could only fly it for about three seconds at a time because it would get too far away from me, it was drifting that fast. It could not "hover" at all. I used the "Recalibration of accelerometer" function on page 10 of the manual a few times on different "flat" surfaces that I even checked with a level to make sure the surface was level and flat but this has not fixed the drifting issue. I contacted AXIS and they asked me to send pictures of it and I sent them. After about a week and a half they issues me a shipping label to send it back and a few days after shipping it back I received another drone with the same issue. I tried all the steps to level it again to no avail. I am just going to take the $35 loss because I don't have the time to keep shipping the thing back and contacting support. I will invest in a real drone. Overall I am very disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.