Back light LCD Screen

bazookabrent

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014
Okay, So this laptop is kinda old but it still works good besides the backlight. I'm not sure what the problem is but whenever I use it the back light won't come on when the computer is cold. But when it's hot it normally works.... I've replaced the bulb and the invertor... Any ideas?

bazookabrent

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014

Also I just remembered that the camera on it doesn't work properly either.. I was thinking possibly a wire was cut or open or whatever its called.. leaking electricity? I'm not sure.. obviously.. lol. But maybe it has to do with the camera and screen not functioning properly. First the camera and then about a month or so later the screen started acting up...

bazookabrent

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014

If by verify you mean check the cable, I've disassembled this laptop many times trying to figure out what was wrong unplugging and plugging everything back in and making sure it was a secure fit. So if that's what you mean't just making sure it was completely connected Yes...

bazookabrent

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014

Yes, I'm positive. It's the backlight. I do see the faint image when I use a flash light. Or the sun, Which I've used a couple of times so far.

bazookabrent

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014

So what do i do about that? Using my laptop right now.. It works best when its getting hot.. which isn't good because they're suppose to stay cool..

bazookabrent

Estimable
Dec 24, 2014

Just found out something... My screen went out and then I pushed down where you pop the panel from the power button.. On the left side between the left speaker and the power button and then my screen came back on...Wire?