Backlight keyboard for asus G71gx

cmcguire2

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
I recently bought a Asus G71GX laptop I thought that it had a backlit keyboard but when I got it home I realized that it did not I would like to know if their is any way to replace the keyboard with a model that has a backlit keyboard the specs for mine is

P8700 intel core 2 duo 2.53Ghz
Nvidia Ge Force GTX 260M
80 GB SSD
6GB Ram
windows 7 ultimate
DVD RW

The laptop is great for a gaming laptop very fast with the SSD in it I plan on adding a second HD for storage like a 500 or 640 GB 7200Rpm drive the only thing that it is missing now is the backlight.

Thanks for any input in advance.

sidewinderx2

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2010
keyboards are (with a few exceptions) not interchangeable. The only models i can think of off the top of my head that MIGHT have compatible keyboards with your laptop are the other G70something line of Asus laptops, and none that i know of has a back-lit keyboard, so replacing it with a back-lit one seems unlikely.

cmcguire2

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
No i got it from an individual not from a store i thought he said it did have a backlit keyboard but he said it did not it was my mix up and i didn't think i would be able to channge the keyboard for a backlit one but i thought that i might ask just incase someone else had done it and had gotten it to work. I can always used a backlit one for a desktop.