Backlit is on with just black screen on Lenovo y510p

Paul Justine

Commendable
May 21, 2016
My lenovo y510p started flickering for no reason from little to worse so I decided to replace the complete lcd screen assembly to sure. But when it is already placed, there is no display in the lcd but the backlit is on. Everything works fine though when it is connected into an external monitor. please help me this is so frustrating. XD

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First, I would suggest opening the laptop again and check the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard.
- You can unplug both ends then place it back making sure it's seated properly.
- Here's a video guide on how to disassemble your laptop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_kd9v1fHuU
- If it will still not work I would suggest replacing the LCD again do also try ordering a new LCD cable just to be sure.

Paul Justine

Commendable
May 21, 2016
Everything is plugged in correctly. I ordered 2 new LCD cable and it is already shipped. btw before buying the complete screen assembly I tried buying a LCD cable but it just caused the LCD and the cable to burn. Is there any possibility that this is a motherboard problem even if everything is fine when connected into an external monitor? the motherboard is too expensive when I searched the price.