Backlit Keyboard Possible for HDX16?

Vengeance_

Commendable
May 9, 2016
HDX16_Behind_keyboard.jpg
I wonder if there is a way to add a backlit keyboard to my HP HDX16 1370US. I looked under the keyboard, and just above the touchpad on/off button connector, there was an unoccupied connector and I wonder if that would be for a back light in a keyboard? I supplied a picture just above in case it is needed.

Note: there is no picture attached to your thread.

Well, it is 'possible' that your laptop already has a keyboard backlight ability. Many, but not all, of the HDX16s do.

To test it out press try this: hold the Fn key and press spacebar once. (That is the on/of switch for the backlight on the keyboard.)

You can also look in the manual for the computer. If you don't have one, you can find it here... http://www.manualslib.com/manual/72066/Hp-Hdx-16.html

Vengeance_

Commendable
May 9, 2016

There is a picture in the thread, it loads when I load the thread, even when I sign out. Maybe I should use a different link. I will update when I get the new picture in

Vengeance_

Commendable
May 9, 2016

Try now

Yes, the image is there now, and I see what you are referring to.

Did you try the keys I mentioned to see if it was included in your model? Everything I have found says it is possible to have a backlit keyboard on it (if it doesn't already have it), however I am not finding a model or part number for it anywhere. Hence my suggestion of the manual, which usually lists parts for the device.

Vengeance_

Commendable
May 9, 2016

The machine does not currently have a backlit keyboard pre-installed. Nor does it have the factory OS installed. It is running a fresh copy of Windows 7. So there would be no reaction to the function keys provided. I have read somewhere that HP never made an HDX16 model with a backlit keyboard pre-installed, but that it is still possible. I want to sure that it is possible and that the port is for back light power before I go and buy a keyboard. I have found this keyboard though: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Laptop-US-Layout-Keyboard-With-Backlit-For-HP-HDX-X16-X16T-HDX16-Silver-Color/32400350341.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.2.VTpWL5

Oh no, they did have that option with the HDX16. It was just something that had to be requested. Funny that is the same keyboard I found. It 'should' work. That is a tad older laptop, what like 8 years or so? So that may be why the keyboard is harder to find.

Vengeance_

Commendable
May 9, 2016

8 years and is better than half the crap that HP makes now. I will get the keyboard and see if it works. I saw a YouTube video of this computer being taken apart and the keyboard had a cable leading to the port specified.