Question Backwards or....?

Oct 28, 2021
I'm planning to start shooting some video with my old iphone 5. I know that holding the phone sideways will give me a regularly shaped, wider image, but should I hold it with the sensor to the right or left? Or does it make a difference? Or does anyone understand my question
?

Wolfshadw

Splendid
I believe you want to have the sensor the the left, but it doesn't really matter. If you're just viewing it on your phone, it won't matter. If you transfer it to another device (PC for instance) you may just need to re-orient it.

-Wolf sends

USAFRet

Illustrious
I'm planning to start shooting some video with my old iphone 5. I know that holding the phone sideways will give me a regularly shaped, wider image, but should I hold it with the sensor to the right or left? Or does it make a difference? Or does anyone understand my question
?
This is where a bit of testing comes in.

Try it both ways before the big shoot. See if there is any difference.

nishanloshan

Great
Apr 1, 2021
I'm planning to start shooting some video with my old iPhone 5. I know that holding the phone sideways will give me a regularly shaped, wider image, but should I hold it with the sensor to the right or left? Or does it make a difference? Or does anyone understand my question
?
You can hold it on any side because the sensor works within the camera's range.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mike Andronico iPhone 3

ASK THE COMMUNITY