Bad Memory?

jchristensen328

Honorable
May 28, 2012
So i have a 2009 HP Pavillion dv7 with an AMD Athlon dual core 4 gigs of 1333 ram and it keeps crashing. Not just while im on the internet or a stream or videos but when im playing games like League of Legends or minecraft. It never did this before and has been happeneing for about 3 weeks it does run quite hot and i cant figure out whats going on because it doesnt say a thing when i do a little research. I think its bad RAM but i thought i'd ask you guys. please help thanks in advance

pjmelect

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
While this problem could be the memory, it could also be the power supply or any number of other things. You could try running memtest86 for at least three passes or more to test the memory and/or running with only one stick of memory etc. Check that the heatsink fins are not clogged with dust on both the CPU and graphics card and that you have got good air flow through the case and that the front air intake is not clogged. Try a fresh install of Windows in case it is a software problem. Remove any overclock, try setting the BIOS to default settings. Once you have done all of that then you will have to start swapping hardware starting with the power supply.