Ballmer: Windows Tablets Out By Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Things Ballmer could say that would get people interested in a Windows Tablet:

"It Prints! It works with a monitor! It works with a keyboard! Take it with you into a meeting, then dock it at your desk. 1 computer, no hassles."

"They let you play Pocket Legends, we let you play World of Warcraft."

Who knows if it could actually do those things, but it should be in the realm of possibility.

G

Windows 8!? Eff off! Im sure it'll be great but I want to be excited about it 5-10 years from now. Give me some time to enjoy 7.

G

Windows tablet - when it doesn't work, its easier to throw away!

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Things Ballmer could say that would get people interested in a Windows Tablet:"It Prints! It works with a monitor! It works with a keyboard! Take it with you into a meeting, then dock it at your desk. 1 computer, no hassles.""They let you play Pocket Legends, we let you play World of Warcraft."Who knows if it could actually do those things, but it should be in the realm of possibility.[/citation]
People are already interested in Windows Tablets
When they land on the shelves people will buy them
Is anyone in any doubt about that? Apart from the 9% of computer users who prefer Apple or Linux of course...

G

Microsoft should have done what apple did. Make a Zune with a 9.7 " screen and call it the answer to the ipad. It will be cheap and ready to go in no time

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Damn, I must've been through a time machine!
I thought all these Windows tablets I've been seeing were form my own generation!
Damn, who thought to put Windows 2000 on a device from 2010?

Am I the only one who hates this little tablets? It's like the hybrid of a smartphone and a full sized tablet, yet only mixing the bad qualities.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
My only trepidation is that MSFT haven't gone far enough to make the OS tablet friendly. Its still very mouse, point and click centric. This won't translate into good touch performance. I think in Windows 8 they should make the tablet version with all the functionality of the full version but a different, touch friendly UI. The iPad is a gimmick, half the people i know who want/have one have no idea why they want/bought it. Windows tablets will sell to people needing true functionality.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
lots of windows-based tablets before but they didn't seem to appeal much. you use windows desktops and laptops. why bother with a tablet? not much diversity. with iPad you got something different to play with, quite a break the usual routine.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
I have mixed emotions about a Win7 tablet. IF the UI is adapted for tablet use then it should be good, but it will require more horsepower to run it and then you have to deal with battery and heat issues, and with battery issues you might have to deal with weight issues. And then there is cost. A Win7 tablet will have to cost almost as much as an ipad.

When will all of the Android tablets be out? Haven't heard much from them lately. I've been hoping Android tablets could challenge the ipad at much lower price points.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]blurr91[/nom]One thing we know for sure is Windows tablet will play flash.[/citation]
And install any previously acquired software
And your printer

I am personally looking forward to putting Sopcast on it and watching football streamed to it for free

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]You don't have anywhere to go when you are at 90% market share but down.[/citation]
Really?
I thought mathematically it was from 100% the only way was down
No wonder I failed basic junior school mathematics

Status
Not open for further replies.