Band-aids to Solve the iPhone 4 Antenna Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
A poorly designed product that becomes a hype despite an easy to fix flaw that sharply reduces the device's usability is always a great way to make a few extra bucks for creative piggybackers.

The poor antenna design is a feature implemented to support smaller manufacturers of patches, bumper cases and other accessories. Buy an iPhone and support the local economy!

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
I think the easiest solution to this whole problem is to just cover the antenna with a little clear nail polish.

If done right it should be almost invisible and fix the problem.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
[citation][nom]noodlegts[/nom]I think the easiest solution to this whole problem is to just cover the antenna with a little clear nail polish.If done right it should be almost invisible and fix the problem.[/citation]

I think the easiest solution would just be to not buy one in the first place.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Apple has not been trying to fix this issue for 3 weeks, but spent 3 weeks trying to find other phones that had the same problem. They failed.

jakmove

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
I'm sorry, but if I had this phone, I would want a case on it regardless. It's retarded to not put it in a case, so it doesn't get scratched up. And that fixes the antenna problem to boot.

Don't know why it's such a big deal.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]noodlegts[/nom]I think the easiest solution to this whole problem is to just cover the antenna with a little clear nail polish.If done right it should be almost invisible and fix the problem.[/citation]
Nail polish doesn't last long. It'll wear out in days.

neodude007

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
So tired of useless iPhone articles. Yes, WE ALL KNOW that it has a problem and we do not need an article for EVERY SINGLE tiny fix that random people come up with. Dear god.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]jakmove[/nom]I'm sorry, but if I had this phone, I would want a case on it regardless. It's retarded to not put it in a case, so it doesn't get scratched up. And that fixes the antenna problem to boot. Don't know why it's such a big deal.[/citation]

Look at the iPhone's price. At such a steep price tag, you expect a well-engineered product with attention to detail. An antenna that doesn't work properly without an ugly case isn't exactly evidence of that, is it?

And for me, Apple's efforts to deny the problem, hush it up and then say it's common in the mobile phone industry made it far worse. They made a mistake like every big brand has done at some point, but they weren't honest and frank enough to admit it and that's just weak...

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]A poorly designed product that becomes a hype despite an easy to fix flaw that sharply reduces the device's usability is always a great way to make a few extra bucks for creative piggybackers. The poor antenna design is a feature implemented to support smaller manufacturers of patches, bumper cases and other accessories. Buy an iPhone and support the local economy![/citation]

Sucks to be you (pointed at all "moron" apple bashers)....

This is soon to be a total non-issue as everyone gobbles up free cases and buys bandaids!

rsud

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
[citation][nom]rsud[/nom]Sucks to be you (pointed at all "moron" apple bashers)....This is soon to be a total non-issue as everyone gobbles up free cases and buys bandaids![/citation]

And, to add to my comment...

In the end this will be good publicity for apple.
Sales will surge at the "value add" of a free case.
Moan and whine as you will but that what will happen. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA apple bashers!

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]A poorly designed product that becomes a hype despite an easy to fix flaw that sharply reduces the device's usability is always a great way to make a few extra bucks for creative piggybackers. The poor antenna design is a feature implemented to support smaller manufacturers of patches, bumper cases and other accessories. Buy an iPhone and support the local economy![/citation]
just Return it

moomooman

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
I dont think freebies will compensate for sales lost due to widespread reports of antenna fails.

I have no feeling towards apple one way or the other, but this sounds like a phone that does everything except make phone calls :p

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
[citation][nom]lunyone[/nom]What about a piece of scotch tape??[/citation]
Kapton tape, like Anandtech did.
also many sites offer you to print you own "sticker skin" with custom images... I want mine to say "Don't Panic"

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]jakmove[/nom]I'm sorry, but if I had this phone, I would want a case on it regardless. It's retarded to not put it in a case, so it doesn't get scratched up. And that fixes the antenna problem to boot. Don't know why it's such a big deal.[/citation]
I want to know how many I Phones have been actually returned by unhappy customers?

Status
Not open for further replies.