Question Old HP Laptop dead and not charging.

Aug 13, 2022
At first the charger would just sometimes not work, but after a bit of dinking off with it, it would resume charging. But recently, it has died and it won't charge and the charging light won't turn on. I have two chargers and I've tried them both in different outlets. I've tried a hard reset and it hasn't seemed to work. If anyone could suggest any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Some extra info about the laptop is that on the bottom it says that it's a Envy Model 17t-s000 and I have replaced the battery with an off-brand one because it had died (I've tried charging it without the battery and it still hasn't worked).

Last edited:

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
No idea what bang and olufsen is, but that laptop is pretty old.

I really wouldn't use off-brand batteries as they can cause damage to the laptop if they're made improperly, and many of the cheap ones from China have very to little safety features in place.

It's possible that both chargers are duds, but my guess is that the battery is shot mainly because HP laptops are generally pretty picky about their batteries.

Does the laptop still turn on?

Aug 13, 2022
No idea what bang and olufsen is, but that laptop is pretty old.

I really wouldn't use off-brand batteries as they can cause damage to the laptop if they're made improperly, and many of the cheap ones from China have very to little safety features in place.

It's possible that both chargers are duds, but my guess is that the battery is shot mainly because HP laptops are generally pretty picky about their batteries.

Does the laptop still turn on?
Sorry, i just searched it up, and bang and olufsen made the speakers and such, so its name showed up by the keyboard. But to answer your other question it doesn't turn on.

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
But to answer your other question it doesn't turn on.

Right, so the laptop doesn't even power on. Methinks that there is another issue unrelated to the battery or power adapters. Does the caps lock light or other light flash a certain number of times when attempting to turn the machine on? I don't work for HP but I know a lot about them and there are error codes that correspond to lights flashing.

Aug 13, 2022
Right, so the laptop doesn't even power on. Methinks that there is another issue unrelated to the battery or power adapters. Does the caps lock light or other light flash a certain number of times when attempting to turn the machine on? I don't work for HP but I know a lot about them and there are error codes that correspond to lights flashing.
I didn't see anything like that, but I've tried the cords on another computer and it has worked. I'm probably just going to stick to that computer, but I really appreciate your help.