Banned from ROG website for no reason

woahwoahwilly

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018
Well, I was over on ROG trying to help a guy. I was going to reply to one of the guys who needed help and when I tried to reply the website told me that I was banned and said the reason wasn't specified.The ban lift date was never.What does this mean?

Solution
Sounds to me like someone permanently banned you. You would have to contact the site directly and inquire as to why. Could be something you said (or how you said it) or it could be just someone was being well obnoxious and decided to ban you. Wouldn't be the first time I have seen someone abuse power on forums/sites. Contact them and inquire as to why, let them know the date, location, etc., of your post reply and have it looked into. You may get your access back and the other person lose some of theirs, or you may not get it back, but can't hurt to try at this point.
Sounds to me like someone permanently banned you. You would have to contact the site directly and inquire as to why. Could be something you said (or how you said it) or it could be just someone was being well obnoxious and decided to ban you. Wouldn't be the first time I have seen someone abuse power on forums/sites. Contact them and inquire as to why, let them know the date, location, etc., of your post reply and have it looked into. You may get your access back and the other person lose some of theirs, or you may not get it back, but can't hurt to try at this point.

Solution

woahwoahwilly

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018

I'll try that.

curley60

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012

I've never been on the ROG community site until tonight and I have the same message. I never posted or replied and this is the first time I've logged in.

May 5, 2018

Same here, this just happened to me as well -- I just registered my account now and anytime I try to reply or create a new post I see this message:

"You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified."

Graybush

Estimable
Hi Willy!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the ROG forums! We hope that you have a much better experience here on Tom's Guide!

If you've got any questions, feel free to ping me or a moderator.

Best,
Viddyvane
Assistant Community Manager

woahwoahwilly

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018

Interesting, that happened too. I'm going to contact them.

woahwoahwilly

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018

Thanks.