Basic Phone No Personal Info

TomFalater

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016
Right now I have a old flip phone and it does not connect to the internet or contact any personal information other than a few phone numbers of my family. I'd like to upgrade to a phone that does not have any personal information on it but one that can connect to the internet so I can send emails on the go. How can I keep my personal info OFF the device as much as possible? Thank you Tom Thomas Falater

Solution
If you are careful with how you set things up, really the only info they can get from you is your email address. The trouble starts when you link you Facebook and Google accounts along with other services, then you start seeing things like ads on your computer on Facebook from a search you did on your computer at work when using Chrome.

Setup a basic gmail account to activate a phone, don't install social media apps. GPS and such will use your location but that can't really be helped.
Keep the phone you've got - there's no better advice.

If you buy an Android phone, Google gets all your personal data and sells it. Buy a Windows phone, Microsoft does the same and although I have no experience with Apple, I suspect they're in it too..

We seem to have lost the right to keep ourselves private somewhere along the line and we weren't strong enough to resist it.

If you are careful with how you set things up, really the only info they can get from you is your email address. The trouble starts when you link you Facebook and Google accounts along with other services, then you start seeing things like ads on your computer on Facebook from a search you did on your computer at work when using Chrome.

Setup a basic gmail account to activate a phone, don't install social media apps. GPS and such will use your location but that can't really be helped.

Solution