FwdMoparJunkie

Estimable
Feb 9, 2014
My setup:
Source: computer
Receiver: Denon x4000
Speakers: Elac b6
Subwoofer: svs sb-2000

I just bought this Subwoofer and I'm not sure on how I should hook it up to the receiver. I will not be using this 2.1 setup for movies. Just music. I think I understand that Lfe is really only for movies. Do I need a cable that will hook in the L and R of the Subwoofer then, a Y cable that goes to the sub pre out?

Solution
Hey there,

No, all you need is just one cable going from the Denon Sub 1 pre out to the SVS LFE in.

You'll let the Denon do bass management with this setup, speakers will be set to small and anything below the crossover will be sent to the sub (roughly speaking).

I'd recommend using Audyssey to do the setup, regardless of what the crossover assigns to the speakers, make sure it's at least 80Hz. Here's a link to how to run Audyssey and it's well worth running through the guide.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/795421-official-audyssey-thread-faq-post-51779-a-1726.html#post21782993

If you need help with the setup, just ask. I run an older model but it's pretty much the same menu as what you'll have.

ien2222

Distinguished
Hey there,

No, all you need is just one cable going from the Denon Sub 1 pre out to the SVS LFE in.

You'll let the Denon do bass management with this setup, speakers will be set to small and anything below the crossover will be sent to the sub (roughly speaking).

I'd recommend using Audyssey to do the setup, regardless of what the crossover assigns to the speakers, make sure it's at least 80Hz. Here's a link to how to run Audyssey and it's well worth running through the guide.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/795421-official-audyssey-thread-faq-post-51779-a-1726.html#post21782993

If you need help with the setup, just ask. I run an older model but it's pretty much the same menu as what you'll have.

Solution