Batman: Arkham City is Looking Tastily Dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Not True, Batman is harrassing a normal built guy in Image: 28h0h3a (8th Pic from below)

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Probably the same engine and everything, just like having new stages. It was good but didn't have much in the replay value. Don't know if this one will be worth it.

JPHD

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
I really liked the first one, game mechanics are excelent, but imo it could have been better if it had a more open world feel. Would have been nice to be able to explore Gotham and what not... sort of like GTA.

renixis_infinity

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
The first had a fantastic gameplay as well good details at every level

Two-face looks great
Nice to see the outer world
And nice to see the enemies will be having more models than the previous one

cyprod

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I hope they don't get overly ambitious. The thing that made the last game great was that they scoped it correctly. Yes, the game map was small by todays standard, but it also didn't suck. A lot of these "open world" games as of late have become rather monotonous. Half an hour of running past the same cookie cutter building really doesn't add anything for me except a longer commute time. And I get enough of that on my way to work thankyouverymuch.

kilthas_th

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
Going to have to reinstall and play the original again. It was such a refreshingly great superhero franchise game, for a change. Absolutely cannot wait for this.

I haven't read much on it yet, but here's to hoping they retain the services of Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy. Being a fan, I've watched most all iterations of the character from West to Bale, and Conroy is by far my favorite Batman, and Romero, Nicholson, and Ledger (R.I.P.) cannot touch Hamill as the Joker.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
luckily we still get to see Scarecrow, he was my favorite, always had been.
Strong like half of the other bad guys? No, but he sure made everything interesting.
Mhhh, we won't see Mr Freeze though, will we?

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
I absolutely loved the first game. My only complaint was the over simplified combat controls. I hope the combat gameplay is a little more deep this time around.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]hixbot[/nom]I absolutely loved the first game. My only complaint was the over simplified combat controls. I hope the combat gameplay is a little more deep this time around.[/citation]
I disagree entirely, I'm absolutely sick of the combat games requiring you to memorize 100 different obscure 40-key combinations in order to punch somebody for 10% more damage than a normal punch (I'm looking at you DOA). And, generally all that happens in games with more complex combat controls is they still devolve into 'mash button x fast' because the combinations just get ridiculous and tedious. The finesse in the combat of timing and spreading your attacks out of batman:aa (and keeping a mental image where all the baddies are, who's getting up next and who has a weapon to maximize said timing) was far more rewarding to me than memorizing up, down, up, down, forward half-moon, CCW 360°, x, y, y, y, a, b, b, a, LT, RB, start+RT to hit somebody in a fancy way. The crazy stuff you could get batman to do in that game with just the x, y and occasional a or b button as long as your timing was good I thought was phenomenal.

My biggest gripe with the game was detective mode. There was hardly ever any reason to turn it off other than, "Hmm, I wonder with this room looks like." The artwork was really well done in the game but you rarely saw any of it because detective mode was too useful and there was never any penalty to keeping it on (other than not seeing the artwork). My other small gripe was having to do the 'Bane' fight over and over with minor permutations but those fights were far enough apart so they didn't get too irritatingly repetitive.

Other than those two gripes I thought the game was absolutely phenomenal, heck even Yahtzee liked it.

TheRockMonsi

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Man, I'm a huge fan of the first!!! I wonder if they'll end up having anything that will scare me like Scarecrow did (and yes I got scared :p ). I remember the last time he used the fear gas and Batman's HUD was messing up like crazy - that scared me the most because I thought my video card was artifacting!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]TheRockMonsi[/nom]Man, I'm a huge fan of the first!!! I wonder if they'll end up having anything that will scare me like Scarecrow did (and yes I got scared ). I remember the last time he used the fear gas and Batman's HUD was messing up like crazy - that scared me the most because I thought my video card was artifacting!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!![/citation]
[citation][nom]TheRockMonsi[/nom]Man, I'm a huge fan of the first!!! I wonder if they'll end up having anything that will scare me like Scarecrow did (and yes I got scared ). I remember the last time he used the fear gas and Batman's HUD was messing up like crazy - that scared me the most because I thought my video card was artifacting!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!![/citation]
Yeah, the scarecrow fake crash was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.