Solved! Batteries "Again"

Feb 20, 2020
Hi there Please can you help? I have been researching Batteries for my laptop, HP don’t seem to sell them anymore. Product number J5R50AAR, it’s for a HP Pavilion 17t-f000 CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) Part number 756743-001… Please could you advise, even if it’s a personal opinion of a reputable third party manufacturer? Thank you, kind regards Joe (Ireland)

Solution
I am guessing this is a really old beast or HP wouldn't have discontinued the battery for it. If you can't find the exact one on eBay, you are just going to have to take a walk on the wild side and try some 3rd party off brand battery replacement. Buy it from Amazon so they will back you up if the thing doesn't work.

Moreover, buck up and get a laptop that is closer to this decade. You can get a fairly hot basic one for around $169 these days. I am guessing it will be light speed faster than the one you are trying to salvage. If the HP was some hot gaming computer then a new one will cost you $$$. If it is just for gaming, leave the thing plugged in and forget the battery. Take the tax write off on the old laptop and go get yourself a...

URsurrounded

Great
Feb 10, 2020
I am guessing this is a really old beast or HP wouldn't have discontinued the battery for it. If you can't find the exact one on eBay, you are just going to have to take a walk on the wild side and try some 3rd party off brand battery replacement. Buy it from Amazon so they will back you up if the thing doesn't work.

Moreover, buck up and get a laptop that is closer to this decade. You can get a fairly hot basic one for around $169 these days. I am guessing it will be light speed faster than the one you are trying to salvage. If the HP was some hot gaming computer then a new one will cost you $$$. If it is just for gaming, leave the thing plugged in and forget the battery. Take the tax write off on the old laptop and go get yourself a new toy.

Solution
Feb 20, 2020

Moreover, buck up and get a laptop that is closer to this decade. You can get a fairly hot basic one for around $169 these days. I am guessing it will be light speed faster than the one you are trying to salvage. If the HP was some hot gaming computer then a new one will cost you $$$. If it is just for gaming, leave the thing plugged in and forget the battery. Take the tax write off on the old laptop and go get yourself a new toy.

Thanks for your response, much appreciated, you sound positive !!!;) Actually its 5 year old, 17" BeatsAudio, goes live after 11 seconds, 16g ram, 1TB i7... Got it direct from HP in the states and its never switched off, yes it's on constantly. Probably the best machine I've ever had. Current Battery is down to, approx, just over 1 hour of life from full charge. Thanks for your advice though.. Delighted to say I purchased a New Genuine HP one this afternoon. Amazing what will pop up with a bit of research and patients. Regards Joe (Ireland)